What is Pragma?
Pragma is a free, open source custom game engine written in C++. Here is an overview over some of its core features:
- Support for various Source Engine and Source 2 assets, such as: maps, models, materials, textures, sound-script files and particle systems
- Extensive modding support with Lua (with Live-coding, debugging-support with the ZeroBrane IDE, support for custom shaders, custom entities/weapons/NPCs/vehicles, etc)
- Support for physically based rendering
- Support for the Cycles-renderer (the same as used by Blender)
- Multiplayer-support, including dedicated servers
- Steam Workshop support
- VR support
- Support for the Bullet and PhysX physics engines
- Support for OpenGL and Vulkan
- AI-system based on behavior trees
- Steam Audio support for spatial audio
Pragma is currently in an early beta, some features may not be fully functional at the moment or are unfinished/experimental.
Pragma also ships with the Pragma Filmmaker, an open source alternative to the Source Filmmaker.
You can use the Book Navigation on the left to navigate to the next page, which has details on how to download and install Pragma.